Monday, June 21, 2010

How do you make lipgloss last longer on the lips?

Hi





I love to wear just lipgloss but i tend to reapply it like every 5 minutes.


What can one do or use to make lipgloss last for at least 1 hour?





thanxHow do you make lipgloss last longer on the lips?
the only real way to make gloss last longer is to wear it over a lipstick. get a natural shade if you dont want it to look like you are wearing lipstick. in my experience the body shop lip gloss lasts the longest but its all down to what works for you personally.





choose a lip liner and a lipstick that are a very similar colour and a lip gloss with no colour. shop for your lip products together and within the same brand to get a closer match. most cosmetic companies have one lip liner shade that is meant to work with a few different lipstick shades.





trace along the edge of your lips with the lip liner. do not push hard; simply glide the liner along your lip lines. colour in your entire lip with the same colour. lip liner has a drying effect on your lips, which is why the lip colour is long lasting. try to apply the lip liner evenly to match the outline you have made and to be even all over your lips, but do not obsess, it will be evened out with the lipstick.





apply lipstick over the lip liner. this will add moisture back to your lips and even out any places where the lip liner was uneven. add a non-colored lip gloss if desired for extra shine. reapply lip liner, followed by lipstick when needed. you will find that this combination is longer lasting and that you should not need to reapply often.





hope this helps


xHow do you make lipgloss last longer on the lips?
First, start off with making sure that your lips are smooth and soft by exfoliating them gently with your toothbrush. Next apply a moisturising lip balm and let it sit for a few minutes to fully hydrate your lips. If you want your gloss to have real sticking power, then be prepared to spend a little bit extra and go for one that advertises itself as non-sticky. I use Lancome Juicy Tubes Lip Gloss which is easy to apply. Lastly, try not to lick your lips! That's what I always end up doing :P
To get a more lasting effect I apply lipstick first %26amp; then apply my lip gloss.


The lipstick ';color'; lasts on my lips longer than gloss does.





When I am not in a hurry I mix a tiny bit of sugar with vaseline in palm of my hand. Then I rub this on my lips to exfoliate. Next I just wipe if off with a tissue. This helps moisturize your lips too.


Next step is to outline my lips with a clear lip liner. YES there is clear lip liner %26amp; it goes with any color lipstick or gloss I am using.


Apply lipstick %26amp; blot it off with a tissue.


Then apply lip gloss in a matching shade. Try not to lick your lips!!!


I still reapply lip gloss during the day %26amp; sometimes put on lipstick/lip liner to add color again.





OH and I saw this in store: Rimmel Vinyl Lip Brilliant High Shine, Long Lasting Lip Gloss. IT costs $4.00. I don't know if its any good or not.
okay so the girl above said my more expensive stuff


butttt.....


you could be cheap and what i do when i go out is put lipstick on my lips then put gloss over the top so the lipstick is the colour you want and stays on for hours then the gloss on top makes it shiny but will also keep it there for a longer amount of time xx
I don't wear lip gloss because of that but here is what I don on a special night out:


1. I use this lip exploiter to get of dead skin.


2.Then I put on a waxy lip balm. CARMEX!


3. Then I wait a few minutes so my lips to soak it up.


4. I use CoverGirl and other lip glosses.





Wish you luck on that!





=]
I apply a good quality long lasting lip liner and then lipstick and then gloss. Sometimes I skip the lipstick. If you drink, drink from a straw. That will help it stay on longer, too.


The lip liner will help you keep color longer.


I use Arbonne Lip Definers and Sheer Shines (glosses).
It depends what you're doing with your lips.


Drinking smudges it, talking smudges it, lol everything that involves movement smudges it.


Just buy a really sticky glossy one.


That's clear, they tend to look fuller for longer.
Lipgloss is hard to keep on, unless you dont speak, move, walk in windy weather with your hair down, eat, drink or anything basically.





I wear glossy lipstick as they are shiny but stay longer.
stop licking it off! Don't worry I blame the companies that make them nice fruity flavours!
Its nice to know women still like the glossy lips look as i think it looks wonderful especially on top of a nice colour of lipstick.
try maybelle ones i use them and they last for ages. try putting a bit of vaseline on your lips before the lipgloss, this will stop the gloss soaking into your lips
you have two options. You can apply foundation to ur lips first, or u can use a chap stick before u apply the gloss. That will stop your lips from soaking up the gloss
You really can't make it stay on for longer then it's going to. I suggest buying lipglosses that are a bit more pricey but they do stay on. Something like Stila (found at Sephora) or MAC.
depends on the kind of lipgloss and how dear it is but also try putting foundation on ur lips .... yea it sounds odd but it works then but lip balm and then ur lipgloss .... it works ... i thought it was crazy at first





xxn0haxx
i would sai to use vinyl gloss and b4 and after u apply the gloss but a titchy bit of vaseline on that wai it should last longer!


goodluck:)
I would recommend you to buy ur makeup from somewhere thats expensive.


Its a lot better for ur face and it lasts longer ...
Put on lip liner and lip balm before you apply the gloss. This has always worked for me!
Buy more expensive stuff.
its called lipstick.
put lipbalm on before the gloss

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting plans